Tuesday 7 January 2014

How Leonardo DiCaprio Influenced Matthew McConaughey's Performance in THE WOLF OF WALL STREET










Credit: NBC (via YouTube).





In a recent interview with the Rolling Stone, Dallas Buyers Club star Matthew McConaughey reveals how much he's learned from working with Leonardo DiCaprio on The Wolf of Wall Street. In the interview, Matthew talks about the experience of working with such great talents as Leo and Martin Scorsese, and says that their performances had a lot to do with "stealing" each other's ideas.



Here are some highlights:

"

Stealing Leo's joke: In my mind, the perfect set is when everybody is free enough, creatively, to steal from one another. Even better, when you steal from someone and then you give it back to them in the scene. I stole some things from Leo – he told me a joke when we first met and I stole it. That whole "fugazi" bit. He told me about it, and I said, "I'm going to mispronounce that for the fun of it." Everybody is always talking about that scene, and I made that decision just seconds before we shot it.

Taking Leo's advice: That's one of my rituals that I do before filming. It's a humming meditation, and when I was in the middle of it, Leo interrupted and said, "What is that you're doing?" I told him I was just preparing for the scene and immediately he was like, "You have to do that in the scene!" So I said all right. Little did I know that when I saw the final cut and it actually became the baseline for our story.

"

[via Rolling Stone]



Just before you go, have a look at two video clips from McConaughey's visit on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, where he discusses his new HBO series True Detectives and his glory teen years.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management