Thursday 15 August 2013

Amber Heard Opens Up About Her Sexuality











Image via Flickr.



"I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world."


Amber Heard is a determined woman, I'll give her that. She tells Elle magazine that she is not interested in playing the innocent and helpless girl. "Empowered or strong" is exactly the type of characters that the Paranoia actress tries to portray. By now, you're probably thinking Amber is a lesbian. Well, the actress came out as bisexual in 2010 and she tells Elle as to why. Read on, if you dare!

"

Amber loves playing tough women: "I try to play characters who are somehow empowered or strong," Heard says, a fact that may or may not be to the liking of Hollywood executives. "People want to put me in a wedding dress and make me the object of affection, but I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world. I've always fought against what was expected of me as much as I could."

On her sexuality: "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything," she says. "I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."

She doesn't want a normal life: "I don't imagine myself, my work, or my life, fitting into any kind of standardized path," she says, twisting the chunky silver-and-turquoise bracelet on her wrist. "In fact, the idea of there even being a standard freaks me out a lot."

"

[via Elle]



PHOTOS:

Elle Image 1

Elle Image 2

Elle Image 3

Elle Image 4





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management