Sunday, 2 March 2014

Zach McGowan Talks Playing Captain Vane on BLACK SAILS










Credit: Starz, Film Afrika Worldwide, Platinum Dunes.

Series: Black Sails

(via Facebook).





Zach McGowan talks to Collider in a series of interviews with the cast of Black Sails. In this particular segment, McGowan explains what drew him to the series, what he loves about his character Captain Charles Vane, doing his own stunts and more.



Read a few highlights from Collider's interview below and follow the link to the full article. Also, check out a bonus video interview with McGowan from last year.

"

What he loves about Black Sails: As soon as I read the script, I said to my agent, “We have to get my tape to them somehow. If I put a tape down, can we get it to someone?” They said, “If we like it, we can get it to someone there.” So, I did it. My wife and I sat there and watched the different tapes. I did three of them and gave different flavors, and we chose one. My agent said, “This is awesome!,” and sent it. I think we got called 10 minutes after the tape was sent over. They had been reading a lot of people, and Vane was the last character cast. At the time, I think they were unsure of what Luke [Arnold] was gonna play. He was going to play either Vane or John Silver. But, it was a fun thing, just to be able to work with an English accent, with actors from England, Australia and South Africa. All of my acting friends from America are like, “F**k you! F**k you, dude. We don’t get to do that shit. The English people get to come here and do American accents. We don’t get to go over there.” So, I’m just fortunate and happy.






What he loves about Captain Vane: His Achilles heel, in general, is that he’s actually a really nice guy. When it comes down to it, he’s got a great mask that he wears around the other lions, so that he can roar and they can back off. But when it comes down to it, I think he never had a childhood, and that stays with him. He is remarkably emotionally weak, while being remarkably physically strong. That’s been an amazing thing to get to play, as an actor, because most of the characters who I’ve loved in the history of film and TV are that. People who feel the pain of the human condition, but who also can dole out the pain of the human fist are awesome. I’m just excited to get to play that.

"

[via Collider]






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management