Sunday 4 May 2014

Jai Courtney on DIVERGENT, TERMINATOR: GENESIS, Australian Actors and More










CROPPED PREVIEW

Photographer: Mitchell Nguyen McCormack.

Magazine: DA MAN.

Source: Imgur.



Australian Jai Courtney talks to men's fashion and lifestyle magazine DA MAN about his career, ambitions, the highly successful Divergent and the upcoming Terminator: Genesis film. In addition to the great interview, there is also a huge photo gallery of Jai inside the magazine.



Hit the jump to read a short preview of Jai Courtney's chat with DA MAN magazine. I just want to congratulate whomever conducted the interview. It was a very interesting piece to read!

"

On Divergent: Divergent was a lot of fun to shoot. We were in Chicago for about four months. The cast was a great group, and we all got along like old friends.

On being cast in Terminator: Genesis: It was a pretty straightforward process. I tested for the part alongside Emilia Clarke who’s playing Sarah Connor. We had a great session with the director, Alan Taylor, for about two hours, and that was it. Fortunately, Emilia and I had great chemistry, and they offered me the part. I’m excited. It’s going to be a challenging shoot, but I can’t wait.

On his favorite movie role: Oh, another tough one to single out. I’m not sure. I really enjoyed making an Australian film called “Felony” last year. I got to work alongside Joel Edgerton, who also wrote the script. The character I played is a young detective in suburban Sydney. Something about that role really stuck with me. He has a great journey in the film battling with his moral code and the corruption he uncovers within the police force.

On his role models: Lots. I mentioned Joel Edgerton before. He’s someone whose work I’ve admired for a long time, and it’s awesome to see him doing so well now. I just had the pleasure of working with Russell Crowe too, whom I’ve always had respect for as an actor. Hugh Jackman is another, [also] Guy Pearce. I have great admiration for the Aussie guys who’ve been able to achieve global success without compromising their integrity. All those guys pick great projects and work consistently. That’s something I’d like to echo in my career.

"

[Source: DA MAN]





Jai Courtney's Photo Shoot for "Da Man" April-May 2014 Edition





Exclusive Cover Story: Jai Courtney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management