Thursday 29 May 2014

Robert De Niro on Difficult Relationship with His Homosexual Father










Credit: EuropaCorp, Relativity Media, TF1 Films Production,

Grive Productions, Canal+, TF1, Malavita.

Film: The Family.





Robert De Niro opens to gay magazine OUT about the difficult relationship with his homosexual father, whom is the subject of a documentary film De Niro shot recently in his tribute. Robert De Niro Sr. was a talented artist and apparently kept a diary full with deep thoughts on life and art.



Hit the jump to read a short preview of OUT's interview with Robert De Niro:

"

On the distant relationship with his father: We were not the type of father and son who played baseball together, as you can surmise. But we had a connection. I wasn’t with him a lot, because my mother and he were separated and divorced. As I say in the documentary, I looked after him in certain ways.

On filming the documentary: I felt I had to. I felt obligated. It was my responsibility to make a documentary about him. I was always planning on doing it, but never did. Then Jane Rosenthal, my partner at Tribeca [Enterprises], said, “We should start doing that now.” It was not intended to be on HBO. It was just something I wanted to do.

On his favorite art pieces of his dad: Oh, I have a lot. I have Venice by Night at my house. I love the ones at Locanda Verde, at the grill upstairs on the second floor. There are a lot of black-and-whites that are terrific. I like the delicacy of them, the refinement. They have a certain kind of clarity. They’re really great.

"

[Source: OUT]





Read more:





Robert De Niro: Me & My Gay Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management