Tuesday 8 July 2014

Katie Holmes on Life After Tom Cruise: "I Am Really Focused on Motherhood and Work"










Credit: Tom Munro.

- Glamour.





Katie Holmes poses topless in a tastefully done photoshoot for Glamour magazine. The 35 year old actress tells the mag about her not-so-boring life after ex-husband Tom Cruise. Holmes reveals that she loves spending her free time out with friends, but hangouts could never top the greatest gift anyone can receive - parenthood.



Hit the jump to read a short preview of Katie's chat with Glamour!



On life as a single mom: 'I love being able to experience so many cultural things in one day. I live very close to the gallery district, and then at night I'll find myself at Lincoln Center at a ballet,' she enthused.

I love going to Knicks games,' she continued. 'And I love taking the subway.'

Though the actress isn't dating anyone just yet - 'I am really focused on motherhood and work right now,' she says - she does consider herself a romantic at heart.

On family support: 'My family has been so crucial to my outlook on life,' she relayed. 'I started acting at 17 and had success at an early age, where all of a sudden people knew who I was. But my parents always treated me the exact same way at home and reminded me of gratitude. And that's been a grounding force.'

'Being from Ohio, raised in a small city as the youngest of five, it was instilled in me that you work and work and work. You just keep going. Like, nothing worth having happens quickly. For example, my mother is a sewer and a knitter. She always said, "Your work on the inside has to be as beautiful as your work on the outside."'

On motherhood: 'When I became a mother, my life completely changed,' she confessed. 'I've seen Frozen a lot. But the biggest change? I think you don't know - I didn't know - how much love I had in me. It's overwhelming. Every day I discover more about this spectacular human being I get to be the mother of.'

Katie's precious advice to other women: 'Keep going. Don't give up. Be willing to try a lot of different things. And don't expect your wish to come true in a year - I thought that was an important message, especially because we're in this time of instant gratification,' she added.

[Daily Mail]





Read more:


Katie Holmes Poses Topless for GLAMOUR (Photos)





----

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management